Makes 8 Servings
- Tbsp. oil
- 1lb boneless beef stew, cut into 11/2 inch cubes
- carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 to 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup original BBQ sauce, divided
- 2 cups frozen peas
HEAT oil in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat, in batches; cook until evenly browned, stirring occasionally.
Layer carrots, onions and potatoes in bottom of slow cooker; top with meat. Pour 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over meat. Cover with lid.
COOK on LOW 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 5 hours).
Stir in peas and remaining barbecue sauce; cover. Cook 15 mins or until heated through.
Protein 34 g
Dietary fibre 5g
Total fat 10 g
Carbohydrate 37 g